Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

Mount Edgecumbe

 By the way...unlike my other posts, with substance and direction and some aspect of fashion intuition, this is a cheesy little post about pretty little flowers cause I'm a girly girl who likes pretty little flowers.

As a student living in London, a diverse epicenter for culture, art and design, I was suprised to find myself most inspired when I left. Two weeks break, a week back in the homeland, sweet Wales and a blissful detour to Exeter for the rest.

In Exeter we took a trip to Mount Edgecombe, we got on a sweet little boat for £1.30 from Plymouth, 10 minuites later and we were there in Cremyll, Cornwall. In a beautiful country park. I practically spent the whole time picking flowers with my boyfriends housemate, a crazed hippy woman who likes to run at sheep, she's great. And telling him to take pretty pictures of the flowers and the view.
We found loads of spring flowers growing on the trees, some were dying and had fallen off, but I find this just has beautiful, they were scattered on the grass beneath the leaves.

 My hat flew off when I was walking and then I thought it would make a cute basket. 


   
Me looking classy as ever with a strongbow 


Me (chipmunk) and Muk. bewt



I kept some of the flowers and pressed them in a book, they still retain some of the colour but have a more rustic feel, they look more fragile and delicate which I like. I've been pinteresting, looking at different techniques with flowers, garlands and eco prints, there may be a lot of flowers in my work form now on...



No comments:

Post a Comment